Thursday, May 13, 2010

What a long, strange trip it's been...

Guest bloggers Megan, Michele and Janice here...with some great news to share. After 18 months of treatment for Breast Cancer, we now leave Karmanos Cancer Center to celebrate Maureen's FINAL CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...that is as far as we got on Monday. It's me...Maureen again. I am not such a control freak that I took back the blogging from my guest bloggers. It's just that we were very busy celebrating and they did not get farther than the above paragraph. :-) But, for those that have known me a long time, of course I love this post title - loving the Grateful Dead band as I do.

So...yes...I am done. Done. DONE! No more infusions. Thank you, sweet Jesus. I am grateful beyond words. Thank you, Megan and Janice, for being with me Monday and always!

One of the other best parts of my last chemo was also the best part about my first chemo. Michele was with me. Yes, that is right...Michele from Costa Rica via Miami flew in as a surprise to go to me with my last treatment. I was floooooored! And to think I was mad she wouldn't call me back. She couldn't...she was on a plane! ha It was FANTASTIC to have Michele with me in person. I was so grateful!

For those of you that don't remember my sister Michele, you can read more about her here: MICHELE

Megan took a great photo of the infusion pump reading "Volume Remaining: 0.0 / Time Remaining: 00.0".....


Some other photos from my last treatment:





Above: Me eating a yummy chocolate covered strawberry that Janice brought.

Below: Me and the girls...



...More soon on other neat things happening...

xoxo

3 comments:

Mets Fan Rachel said...

Congratulations, Maureen. Your courage and strength have - and continue - to inspire me every single day. You are in my heart and my prayers always. What a huge milestone! As we say in Hebrew - Mazal Tov - it means congratulations!! All my love, Rachel

Jane said...

YAY!!! (I'm jumping up and down for you - of course, being mindful of where my cats are for fear of landing on one of them) - yay, yay, yay!!

michele said...

i can NOT let this go by without a frank and honest disclaimer. this girl has turned me into the biggest blabbering idiot on the entire planet. i can't read anything she writes or watch anything that she does in her movement forward without just losing it... i feel free to say that we've all learned way more about ourselves, our strengths, our fears, our most deep felt desires and courage through this journey we've taken with maureen...so thank you, my darling dear sister. for everything you have done for this circle of US.

i also would like to announce to your cherished friends one thing:
Mimi gives the most mind blowingly loving hugs in the world now that there are not 6 pounds of boobs in the way. i recommend you schedule a session of hug therapy with her. it's incredibly healing, powerful stuff and i miss it already. xoxox michele