Sunday, October 10, 2010

Oscar's 8th birthday

Oscar is 8. How the h.e.double hockey sticks did that happen? My precious little man is growing up way too fast. Here is a golden oldie!






I am a little slow in posting pictures. It was a delightful night with Molly, Megan, Marty and the boys. Here is a self timer of all of us. I love our family so much.



You can see the delight in Oscar's face when he opened the gift from our Guatemalan family, the Vela's. We love that family so much too! :-)



As a fun surprise for Oscar, I strung yarn all throughout the house. He had to follow the yarn and every once in a while there would be a little surprise for him. It was fun for the kids but a little challenging for me! Ha. I got tangled more than once.






I made Oscar's cake. It was a Star Wars theme. I made the frosting from scratch. Thanks, Megan, for the recipe. I crumbled oreos for the dirt. It turned out hideous. He loved it. :-)



xoxo

2 comments:

kennyk said...

That cake is making me laugh soooo hard!
Thanks. Kendra

Cindy and Tom said...

So where do I start? From Angelica's betrothal and registry to Oscar's String Birthday search with you caught up in it to the coolest birthday cake....you made me smile and laugh! Glad life is so very wonderful for the Moons. No one deserves it more!! Your Autumn photos make me yearn for real season change. For now, I will just be happy for the lovely October weather we have had in Dallas. Love you and thinking of you.