Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Elizabeth Edwards

The news of Elizabeth Edwards imminent death has kicked me in the gut. Every time someone loses their battle with cancer it is devastating. For me, the loses to breast cancer just plain scare me…obviously.

Elizabeth has been my beacon. I have always marveled at how much she has endured and her grace through it all. Losing a child, the public betrayal by her husband, and so much more.

I remember thinking about her when I was diagnosed in 2008...and specifically thinking that she will be fine and so will I.

Dear God, please give her peace.

xoxo

2 comments:

Cindy and Tom said...

Mo-reenie,
You wrote the book on dignity and grace when it comes to dealing with life's curve balls. Stay strong.
We love you.
cindy and tom

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking of Elizabeth Edwards, and how sad I was,for her, and the kids....and that brought me to thinking of you,and checking in with your website.
Looks like we were thinking about the same thing! May Peace be with you, my dear friend, and with Elizabeth and her children and family.

God Bless,
xoxo,
Lorrie