Sunday, January 9, 2011

What a way to start this Lord's day!

I woke this morning to feel a warm little snuggler next to me in my bed. Angelica came in my room at some time during the night, which I just love. It doesn't happen very often so I don't worry about it. I know there will come a day when she won't want to anymore so I cherish those warm, wonderful snuggle times.

And then came the sound of boys laughter from Oscar's room down the hall. Oscar had one of his best buddies here for a sleep over. They stayed up too late, ate too much junk food and giggled until past 11:00. Pure fun!

And then I walked into the kitchen to see a doe (a deer...a female deer...) right outside my window. She was around last night too. She just looked up, wiggled her tail and went back to eating. I am amazed at the size of the deer here. The deer in Texas were mostly mule deer....and were about the size of large dogs. The white tail deer around here are huge.....huge! I guess it comes from eating all my shrubs.

And then I looked up to see my crab apple tree covered in Goldfinch and other bright songbirds. I think there were even some Orioles, although that wouldn't make sense this deep in a Michigan winter. Anyway, the crab apples didn't drop because we had such a warm fall. So the tree is covered with these birds snacking. It was so gorgeous!!!

I hope you each experience something beautiful today too.

Thank you, Lord, for this glorious day!

xoxo

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Maureen, Angelica and Oscar,

Tom and Cindy and I had dinner last night with Susan, Tom and Levi at Mi Cocina. We talked fondly of you all and hoped that all was well with the three of you.

It was great to read such a beautiful post this morning, Maureen. I clicked on the video of Jewel singing Go Tell It On The Mountain and then scrolled back up to the wonderful photo of Angelica and Oscar. Spirited song for two lovely spirited children.

Wish you all a wondeful New Year.

Suzie Van Horn (Cindy's sister)

Wayne Evans said...

Way to go!

I love having the kids in bed with me too...although the eldest is now 12 and approaching my height so the days are numbered!

Sounds like you have a perfect existence?

best regards

Wayne Evans

Merry said...

I look forward to your beautiful posts. Miss laughing with you. Pinktini night soon! Xoxo

Merry