Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cold & rainy

Yesterday marks the start of my kid's Spring Break. I will have chemo on Monday instead of Tuesday. Then I am taking the kids on a little adventure next week. I hope I feel okay. My bones have started hurting. I take lots of hot baths. I can add ibuprofen when necessary...and I won't hesitate to if I get too achy.

Monday should be fun at chemo because Carrie, Julie and I are taking Angelica with us. She will be a delight to all those people waiting to get treatments. She will be even more amusing than the therapy dogs they bring in.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. It is cold here and has been raining all week. We need the rain.

Love to you all

xoxo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen! We're with you... Stay strong. Visualize your healing. We are all sending huge hugs. I hope my buddy Oscar is feeling better? The rain is kinda nice... XOXO - Chris

MEGrattan said...

Wish I was there to go with you on Monday, too! I would even do tricks like the therapy dogs, if you asked me to :-)

xoxo Megan

Anonymous said...

its gray here tooooo....we are ready for spring!! Chemo doggy's how cool.....I will have to do that here.....I took Ralei a few times to chemo and he was amazed and toddling around it does lift your spirits and everyone there...then when I passed out my parents took him to the park and lunch....he loved it....have you had a book that you can share with the kiddos...Mommies Garden...is great....let me know I can send it to you if not....bones are tough...lots of bath...epsom baths and skaggs apple cider vinegar switch them back and forth....have you tried using cod liver oil tinture in your sorest areas?? put heat on top.....I found it really benefical...I know you have lots of help..so I am probably repeating but hope it may be some help....thinking of you on Monday...and I hope you are able to have a great spring break with kiddos....some how I think you will...Peace & Joy-JoAnna

Anonymous said...

i mean Bragg's vinegar.....brain fart sorry...chemo brain is for real......I always say skagg's??!!