Sunday, March 8, 2009

Great weekend

My dear, sweet friend Aimee came here from New York to spend the weekend with me. What makes her gesture to be with me so remarkable is that she has 4 beautiful babies and her terrific husband George...all at home this weekend without her.

Aimee was my first friend in Texas when I moved here. That was 18 years ago. Jeepers! Time flies. Meeting Aimee opened up a whole world of wonderfulness for me in Dallas. She is my social hub. I still reminisce with friends about how we met and 9 times outta 10 the answer is "through Aimee". Aimee and I met on a blind date. lol That sounds funny. She was on a blind date with a guy who was friends with the guy I was on a blind date with ... so it was a double blind date but the guys knew each other. Her guy was 7 feet tall. No...seriously...he was a little over 7 feet tall. He was that tall... and an overall huge guy. At some point during dinner Aimee asked him if he was anatomically correct. I cracked up and loved her instantly and we have been dear friends ever since. It is so awesome having her here. It is so easy and fun and relaxing and wonderful! She is great friend!!!

Oscar has been enjoying the Wii and is great at it. But what I love is that even when he is losing at Tankers he is laughing...! BTW, notice no more shag rug in the room. Oddie the Peeing Puppy wins. The rug losses and is in the garage until I can get it thoroughly cleaned, sanitized, deodorized, ionized, sterilized...and just unstinkified.


Hope you had a great weekend.



xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen...I'm so glad you had a great week-end. I'm sure Aimee was thrilled to be here with you and the kids. By the way...did she marry the 7 foot tall guy?

Oscar's little laugh is so cute! It made me laugh to hear him laugh.

I hope you have a great week!
Much Love, Janet

Anonymous said...

its great to have good friends and memories....these are great "carrots" when you are tired and not feeling great,,,having good friends come in....hoooray!!

BTW, if you get that rug cleaned in that manner....let me know your secret I have a similar rug that I really like, but have had to put away until time to clean:)

I hope today is a happy Monday for you "moon's"

Anonymous said...

Oscar made me laugh today...his laugh is infectious.
Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. I am curious like Janet, did Aimee marry the 7 ft guy. I would think not however I am interested in if he was anatomically correct also.
Love to you
Barbara