Monday, March 16, 2009

Mommy sandwich

Sometime between 3:30 a.m. and 5:30 a.m. I became a mommy sandwich, with a little dumpling on each side of me. I loved it. I laid (or is it layed?) there for hours (literally) soaking up their sweetness, listening to them breath and praying. What a great way to spend time with God.

I am off to chemo this morning. I can't wait to show Priscilla my latest batch of acne, which the oncologists call a rash. Between you and me, it is just pimples (nice, huh?) that pop up (sorry, poor choice of words....lol) despite a great and diligent facial cleansing routine. I am wearing it with pride. Every one of my doctors has said the same thing about the "rash". It is a sign the medicine is working. And I get to re-live my teenage years.

xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen...that is so sweet that you got to lay there with Oscar and Angelica. I can imagine what your prayers were. Prayers of thanks for sending these two gifts to you. I know that prayer.

I'm so happy for your pimples :-)

I can't wait to here what your spring break surprise is for the kids.

Also...I know Angelica will be the medicine that your co-patients need in the chemo waiting room.

I continue to pray for your full recovery!

Much love, Janet

Anonymous said...

ooooh..wish i could rent those little lovebugs for a fortnight or so for the love factor, for sure.
it probably wouldn't work. tooooo hot. why??????
because it's a fact, you gave me menopause AND i got pimples to go with it too. serves ya right !

that being said, i am up for adoption on a short term basis for adventures to fun places. i eat very little, mostly just chocolate these days!!! that one i'll own up to.

happy happy st. paddy's day to you, meems, and a fast and profoundly healing with anjelica the angele with you....all the love in my heart, michele

Anonymous said...

...a fast and profoundly healing chemo i meant to say!!

stalorpm said...

Mimi,

I know you are now Maureen, but you will always be Mimi to the Bean's.

I pray and light a candle for you every night around 7 pm and send you all of my good energy.

Your babies are so beautiful and they also send you their good energy with their snuggles from God.

Know that Aunt Margie asks about you all the time and she and Mom send their prayers to you.

Love,

Mary (Bean) Stalo

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimi,

A mommy-sandwich sounds yummy -- and dumplings no less -- wish I could take a bite!

Hoping today is a good one for you. Eager to hear how the kid enjoy the adventure you have planned.

Miss you. Love you.

Molly xo