Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Striking twice...and shout out for Lorrie!

I cannot even believe it. Oscar is sick again. He is really puny. Monday morning about 5:30 am he woke with a very high fever and croupy cough. All day yesterday and today he has been spiking the super high temps, like 105 again. He has been sleeping for almost 3 hours this afternoon. That is very unlike him...the energizer bunny.

I know there were some kids at school that were sick. I am keeping him home again tomorrow. I do not want to expose anyone to this....it is not fair.

This will be the true test of my white blood cell strength and immune system stamina. Lets see if I can avoid this for the second time. I accept the challenge. :-)

Chemo went good today. My dear friend Linda rearranged her whole day to be with me. I LOVE spending time with her so it was a great day! I actually got to go to chemo even though I had a sick, sick little boy at home. Ya know why...? Two words: LOR.RIE !!! (or Lorly as Angelica calls her). My dear, sweet, ever-faithful, unwaveringly supportive, sister-like friend Lorrie hopped into her car and came to the rescue early this morning. Not only did she give up her whole, precious day but I came home to an immaculate house. I did my best not to gush my thanks to Lorrie and/or Linda...instead I tried to bask in the love they poured over me today. You girls are so wonderful...thank you so much for lightening my load today!

xoxo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your friends are a direct reflection of who you are. You would do the same for them if the moment arose. I think it is a great thing that you just enjoyed their kindness. You deserve it!
Kisse,
Carrie

Anonymous said...

Maureen, I'm so sorry to hear that Oscar is sick again! I hope he feels better soon and that you will be able to avoid it. Wash your hands frequently! I hope chemo went well for you yesterday. I was thinking of you.

Elaine

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness for friends....where would we be without them. I heard you saw our video we made when the girls were here with me in Omaha. Isn't it brilliant.....I watch it over and over. I am excited for the time when you are able to come and do the walk with us.
Love Barbara xoxox

Anonymous said...

Mimi, I loved reading about Aimee and Lorrie - such precious friends they are, as are all your friends. What a blessing.

Seeing the video of Oscar did my heart good - that boy has the best laugh - but I'm sorry he is sick again. I am praying God's protection over you so that you and Angelica remain healthy.

Missing you all and loving you more.

Molly xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Love and friendship thats what it is about.....God extends his arms around you and all by these wonders in our lives. I am glad your chemo went well....as well as chemo's go right??!!

I hope Oscar feels much better soon and lost of desanitizing you will make it w/out getting sick....how is your white count?? I hope it is somewhat maintaining....I know some weeks are better than others....praying for you daily and sending vibes of sunshine and joy your way!! Fists up we never give up!! JoAnna